Thursday, August 25, 2011

Anniversary! -

This day, four years ago, I felt would never come. I had planned and planned. I went shopping on numerous occasions to get just the right things. I found a special dress. I had my hair done. I had a pedicure and a manicure. I got up early after barely sleeping from excitement.

I met up with friends and ate breakfast at a salon. We laughed and giggled as we drove to the church. We got dressed. We waited. We waited some more. We had our pictures taken.

THEN! The big moment had come! I had the veil flipped over my face and took my father's arm. I watched as my three friends walked one by one down the aisle towards my waiting fiance. It was my turn next!

The music swelled and my father and I took the slow walk down the graded aisle. My fiance's eyes lit up. I smiled so hard my face hurt.

Daddy gave me away. We sang, we listened to words of wisdom, and we vowed. We signed. Then we had our first kiss ever.

It was such a great day. I'm so glad I was able to share it with so many people that we loved. We had friends from all over share in it with us.

These past four years have been an adventure. We've had amazing highs and incredible lows. We've fought and made up. We've laughed and cried together. We've lived life together.

We had a son together. We are anticipating another little one.

I can't wait to see what the next years hold for us. Each year has drawn us closer. Each year we pray that we are a good example of Christ and His Church.

Here's to a lifetime together!


XO,

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment