Saturday, February 25, 2012

Losing My Appetite

It's been almost a year since I decided not to use shampoo. It is hard for me to believe. I've also stopped using commercial lotions and we only have castile soap in all of our hand soap dispensers. It has been a who in switching over, but we have done it.

My biggest complaint, months ago, was that I missed fragrance in my shampoo. While that is still true, I've found that I've lost my affinity for artificial fragrance. Once a week, I have been using a hair soap (it's a castile shampoo) and conditioner. I found that using just the straight baking soda and apple cider vinegar worked, but every so often I would just get an oily build up.  Most likely it was from an over use of AVC, but I could never find the balance. Instead, I keep using the the BS/ACV during the week and the natural shampoo/conditioner on the weekend.  It works super well.

This hair soap though, has fragrance! Or should I say it is fragranced with grapefruit essential oil. It is marvelous. Using a real scent instead of synthesized has really won me over.

So, now, I'm finding that I've lost my *need* for the 'fake' scents. It's probably a good thing as most of them are phalates that can mess with your endocrine system.

I'm also finding that I'm losing my appetite for other things that are toxic to my body, like sugar. I have a sweet tooth, I always have, but Hubs and I have been working on eliminating all unnecessary sugars. It has been hard for me, but I realized yesterday, in the aftermath of a dessert potluck (read: eating leftovers), I really didn't like the overly sweet cake that I had made. (that being said, the lemon bars we to DIE for...in a metaphorical sense, of course) It was kind of a startling revelation for me. One that I am actually fairly excited and pleased for.

Have you lost your appetite at all?
xo,
Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment