Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Guzzling

So, I challenged you last time to drink more water.

How's it going?

For me, I've been dong fairly good. I've gotten on average 3 liters a day! I'm pushing for four. My goal, I think is about 5. We'll see how that goes. I don't know if I have time to a) drink that much water in a day or b) use the restroom that frequently.

One thing I am really trying to do is get in at least one full liter before anything else enters my body in the morning. No milk or food stuffs before the water. Why?!


The firs thing that always comes up when you google water before breakfast is weight loss. While this is an awesome side benefit, it is not the main reason I drink a ton before feeding myself. The main reason is to flush out toxins my body has ousted while I was fast asleep. The body tends to purge itself of nasties at night, and the easiest way to get them out of your liver and so on is to drink water and lots of it.

Another reason is it helps to hydrate you again after quite a few hours of nothing. It also aides in digestion and keeping you regular.

One thing I do want to address, though is drinking TOO much. Some say it can't be done, but others do. I would like to cover some of my bases, as I am by no means from the medical profession, or taken any kind of natural medicine courses either.

Too much water can kill you. Beyond drowning, it can off set your electrolytes and screw with you. It can also replace the want or the feeling that you need to eat and lower your caloric intake far too drastically.  But, from what I've read, it LOTS of water and all at one time. SO - I guess be careful and don't drink your 2-5 liters all at one time!

Have a watery day,

xo,
Bliss!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the reminder! Must drink more water...

    Also, I try to add a squirt of fresh lemon juice to my first-thing-in-the-morning water. Apparently this helps with the detox process (or so say my grandparents who have been doing it for years, and a few books I've read).

    Happy H20-ing!

    ReplyDelete