Saturday, February 4, 2012

Drinking Water

I have always hated blogs that constantly apologize for long absences...but, I'm finding that I am turning into that kind of blogger. I thought I could keep this up at a regular pace, but I'm finding that close to impossible. Perhaps in the next few weeks I'll get back in to the swing of things.  Until then - I am sorry for those of you who check back regularly and find nothing has changed. It is quite disappointing. 

So, as you read last time, I want to challenge you to drink more water.

There are so many reasons to drink more water.  I, personally, have a few reasons that I've started drinking as much as I can stand a day. (which, I have to admit is going up and down regularly. Some days, I'll get in as much as 3 litres, but others...maybe 1...)

For me, the need for water drinking was brought to my attention because of my rosacea. I had started researching ways to reduce flare ups as well as possibly get rid of it all together.  There is not much you can do for rosacea other than not getting it, going on medication, or lasers.  Well, the first option isn't open to me. Medicines are a no go, and lasering is a LAST resort. A few web sites said one thing, many said nothing.  One thing that was agreed upon by most, however, was to DRINK water. LOTS and LOTS of water.  There was science behind it.  I was sucked in.

Basically, there are a few things water can do for me. It helps with flushing (vascular dilation...by maintaining body heat), flushing out toxins through the liver, hydrating my skin, and keeping me from being thirsty.

There are so many other reasons to drink water!
- losing weight
- less sugar consumption (as compared to soda pop or juice)
-helps keep you regular
-decrease the risk for certain kinds of cancer
-aids in proper cellular formation

...and so many more reasons!


SO!

I challenge you! Drink more!  I, personally, have resolved to drink 1 liter of water before anything else when I wake up in the morning. I will try to drink at least two more liters through out the day as well.

What are you going to do?

Not so thirsty,

XO,
Bliss

2 comments:

  1. Good point! I am big on drinking lots of water, too. My job required lots of talking, so it was a must, and I would try to get in at least two litres while at work. When I was on maintenance, I was drinking three litres a day, but have found that a little much for me on a regular basis.
    So have you found that it has helped with your rosacea? A friend of mine has it, so just wondering... Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I actually get in at least 3 liters a day I find it helps. TONS! There are also a bunch of other things that I find help that I'll be posting about soonish. The water really does help with flushing if I've had a flare up.

      Delete