Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Far Too Long

You know what's annoying?  Accidentally hitting backspace when your touchpad is not clicked in the text box - especially when you are JUST about to post the very loooong post you had just written. 

Here's the briefer version.

I like Scotch nail polish.  The company rocks. They don't pink-wash, but actually get behind cancer research in the month of October. This year, they did that with a trio of pink nail polish.  Check them out. They are awesome.  The products is tricky to find, though, and have a hard time paying shipping on something so tiny like that. I happened to find some on an anniversary walk with my husband.

Anyway, next part.

I've been craving time with my husband. Quality uninterrupted in-your-face talking time. It's hard to come by these days.  Last night we had an impromptu date night and watched a good movie we had never seen. Usually, I am knitting or doing something with my hands.  Last night, I held his hand. We had quality time sans kids. It was glorious. Now, I want more. We've been looking in to ways to do this. 

How does this relate to toxin free living? Well, it is a roundabout way, but bear with me  I've been listening to a few good sermons on marriage lately and what we can do to encourage longevity and joy.  It's been about things like fighting well, being quiet AND listening, asking how hurt and asking for forgiveness, and thinking things that are pure, noble, true, etc about your spouse, and ,making time for the other.  The example was given that we are all on a continuum (that word looks strange, no?) of one extreme being bitter and the other better.  When we are not actively working towards better, we are slipping towards bitter.

Bitterness, I think, is toxic to our daily life. I know it is for me.

Some things I've been thinking through that help us along the continuum towards better:

- pray for my husband
- write letters to him in the journal I bought for for that purpose
- spend time WITH him, not next to him
- don't let myself get distracted by things that are less important
-PLAN for quality time


What do you think? Any things you can think of?

xo,
Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment