Thursday, July 21, 2011

Honesty

Journey to Spiritual Freedom


I started today's post about the battle over our mind and how we need to make every thought captive to Christ. I wrote quite a bit, and then I realized, you know – this doesn't sound like a heart to heart, it sounds preachy and superior. I scrapped it. I have not accomplished what I was going to write about, and HOW I was writing it, just didn't work.


Today, instead, I want to just have a brief talk about honesty.


I'd like to think I'm an honest person. I don't actively lie. I don't cheat on tests. I don't fudge on my taxes. I don't think I do anything intentionally to be dishonest. But, today's scrapped post reminded me that I am dishonest. I DO try to make myself look better than I actually am. I may not come outright and say “Hey! Look at me! I'm so much better than (so-and-so)”, but I do say little things or do little things that at least I think make others think more highly of me than they really aught.


I don't want this blog to be about me saying I have arrived or that I'm better. I want it to be an honest look at a journey through the ups and downs of ridding ourselves of toxic things.


So, today, I want to say I haven't arrived. I haven't made perfect decisions. I don't know everything. I am just learning how to oust toxicity from my life.



How about you? Anything you want to be honest about?




XO,

Bliss

No comments:

Post a Comment